The Azure Architecture Center is available now in the documentation section of Azure. It’s Open to everyone with no cost to access the information. The Architecture Center is an extremely valuable resource as it brings –
- Information for all cloud users ranging from beginners to specialists.
- Best practices for security, availability, scalability, performance, cost, and manageability.
- Tested, proven, and verified guidance. Not theoretical designs, they have been built and successfully run and ready for production.
- Prepared deployment scripts and diagrams that anyone can use to get started quickly
The main areas of the architecture center covers are –
- Application Architecture Guide – This guide presents a structured approach for designing applications on Azure that are scalable, resilient, and highly available.
- Reference Architectures – Scenarios with related architectures grouped together.
- Cloud Design Patterns – These design patterns are useful for building reliable, scalable, secure applications in the cloud.
One of interesting topic is a special section for customers coming from compete cloud provider namely, AWS. It helps Amazon Web Services (AWS) experts understand the basics of Microsoft Azure accounts, platform, and services. It also covers key similarities and differences between the AWS and Azure platforms, here.
Lastly, the people who are deep in architectural/design work should visit here. This provides resources including icons, Viso templates, PNG files, and SVG files that are useful for producing your own architecture diagrams. A direct link to download.